Friday, June 8, 2012

Fridgies

_MG_6111.jpgIt's been awhile since I've posted, but that's not to say that I haven't been out thrifting. I acquired these minty 501s and 502 while making a quick stop thrifting. I mentioned to a friend that I picked them up the Old Orchard fridgies and she said she had the 503 and gave it to me. While it's not my favorite pattern I am a sucker for fridgies.
_MG_6115.jpgMy friend also helped me complete my Butterfly Gold set with the 502.
_MG_6114.jpgNow I've got two completed fridgie sets!
_MG_6032.jpgOn another thrifting morning I spotted these red 501s and debated over whether I should get them or not, but I 'm sucker for fridgies. I got to the checkout counter and asked for an additional discount since they were so beat up. The clerk sold them all to me for just $1.00.
_MG_6036.jpgThey were all priced $1.99 a piece. When I got home I peeled the top sticker off and realized that they were actually all marked for $2.99 orginally. They cleaned up pretty well, but there shine is gone. Still, that's not bad for 4 fridgies.
_MG_6974.jpgAnother friend heard that I needed the blue 502 and brought me her extra one.
_MG_6980.jpgNow I've got another fridgie set completed. The reds are a little off, but that doens't bother me. I just love fridgies. How about you? 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of fridgies!

    Sounds like you have the BEST FRIENDS EVER! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fridgies are probably my favorite pieces of Pyrex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Heather. How do you rate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sucker for fridgies too. Love the old orchard. It is on my must have list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any tips on how to freshen up old fridgies? I love the little red one I found but it's so damaged it makes me sad to look at it.

    ReplyDelete