Sunday, January 20, 2013

shopping for Pyrex



Today was my birthday and part of the day was spent at an Antique mall in North Seattle. I did find a couple of pyrex bowls.  Some dealers were having 20-50% off.  I took some pictures just so you could see what I saw today.  There is something about that feeling of coming around a corner and seeing several shelves full of  beautiful Pyrex.  I really could not afford any of these but it was fun to look.  I can't wait until Garage sale time comes around again.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you its great to look buts its even better when you can afford it and buy it though. Happy looking, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy b-day!
    This display looks nice - I agree that just looking often has to do until better prices can be found. I too can't wait for yard/garage sale season to hunt for good deals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup - Happy Belated!

    I know that feeling & I always want it to happen at the thrift store. Has yet to happen, but one day. Closet that I remember, I think, was a snowflake casserole, set of Butterprint mixing bowls & a couple fridgies. One gigantic swoop & I was walking to the front of the store for a basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy seeing things in the wild, even if they are out of my range! Of course it's better when you can grab them at steals of prices but knowing they still exist is sometimes good enough for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated b-day! I agree... sometimes I get my 'fix' just looking. But how sad you had to leave behind the daisy casserole. I recently saw the oval one and also left it behind due to budget constraints!

    ReplyDelete