Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Back to Life

My father picked up this flamingo pink brownie pan for me while on his way to a guy's fishing trip. He said he wasn't sure if it could be cleaned... But for $1.50 he went for it. And after barkeepers and magic eraser didn't work, I thought it was hopeless. The burns and grime didn't budge!

Was this thing in a fire? baked to death? kept outside?!

Then I remembered a mention about oven cleaner! Soaked in oven cleaner all day.... Then a little scratching the edges w a needle, but Phew! Back to life!

Happy Pyrexing,
Christina
Belle of the Blog









11 comments:

  1. Fortunately, I have never found something that requires oven cleaner to spruce it up. It's nice to see that it actually works so I can add that to my arsenal.

    Have a great week & I'm so glad you were able to save that pink beauty,

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't going to give up hope :) now we know just how durable our beloved pyrex really is!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I am so impressed on many levels!!! First of all that your dear sweet Dad would stop at a yard sale on the way to a guy's fishing trip - what kind of man does that? He is one cool Dad!!! I'm also impressed with your incredible amount of patience and determination, which paid off beautifully by the way. Nicely done girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! That poor guy looked rough! But yay for oven cleaner. Good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cow! Nice job! I didn't know the oven cleaner thing, I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll remember that trick! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That looks brand new again =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is awesome and so is your dad!

    ReplyDelete