Friday, April 19, 2013

Rummage Sale Pyrex


I'm as giddy as a kid in a candy store right now, because it is officially yard sale/rummage sale season! I went to our town's big semi-annual rummage sale on Thursday and found some Pyrex. I don't usualy find more than one or two pieces, but last year I found a pink Gooseberry casserole, so the bar was set high. I was one of the first in the door, and made a beeline right for the housewares, seeing a spot of green on the table.



The Verde 442 (or is it Spring Blossom/Square Flowers?- according to PyrexLove, Verde did not come in Cinderella shape- anyone know?) was $3, which is astonishingly high for this type of sale.  It's not even in great condition- quite a bit of wear to the handles and utensil scratches which came out with a little BKF. It just goes to show that people everywhere (even little old church ladies) are onto those of us that collect it!

Friday I went to another church rummage sale. Thankfully the lime square baker was only $1 at that one. Apparently those little old church ladies are still in the dark! 

This is my second piece of lime (found the round cake pan about a month ago) and my 4th utility dish-  I have a flamingo lasagna pan and lidded casserole. But do you think I could find a pink or lime pie pan? No... still looking after all these years!

I've also done a bit of thrifting lately and found some really neat mugs (no other Pyrex to be found, boo!). 

First the Pyrex ones, although the Old Towne one is not marked Pyrex.


I also found this FireKing Peach Lustre creamer for $1. I am trying really hard not to collect this stuff, but it keeps jumping in my basket and coming home with me! I also found a set of 6 matching custard cups. (Sorry for the poor photo quality, our power was out when I took the picture and the outside light was poor.)


I liked the look of this one, with the eagle on it. It's quite a bit bigger even than the Old Towne footed mug, perhaps it may be McKee?



Yes, these are GlasBake, eek! Can you believe it- why didn't Pyrex make some cute mugs like this? I think there are other fruits in the set, but I only found these three plus the tennis one.


Check out my blog for some more rummage sale goodies!





4 comments:

  1. Verde comes in the cinderella style! It seems like the 442 is also the hardest to find so now you're fighting a down hill battle. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. Check out this flicker photo of verde cinderella http://www.flickr.com/photos/7760248@N05/galleries/72157622877781594/#photo_3596258874

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a complete set of Verde cinderella's at the store just today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I'm glad at least one set of church ladies hasn't caught on yet.

    ReplyDelete