Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy Coffee Break

A rainy weekend did lead to a sunny monday , mowing the lawn was the first order of business since it looked like a jungle out front. After a bit of yard work  I went inside for a drink to find the power was out. So with that we decided it was time for a break , my boyfriend and I went out for a drive to get a  cup of coffee and to take a peek at the GW next door. Well, to my surprise I found 2 wonderful pieces, a Golden Hearts promotional casserole and a smaller English Pyrex dish.

Golden Hearts
Emily-English Pyrex

I'm always thrilled when I come across the english Pyrex... this is my 3rd piece and even more excited with my 1st promotional piece.
Last week I found a cute 441 cinderella bowl and a cookie jar , there was no lid so I'm now on the hut for that. ( any one with a lid they are willing to sell please contact me )
Autumn Harvest
Cookie Jar











All in all not a bad week and I spent less than $20.00 on all 4 items.


Happy Pyrexing to all


Marianne

*You can follow me on Pintrest or my blog:

marianneinmaine.blogspot.com                                              
pinterest.com/pinkmsl40



4 comments:

  1. Look! There's a wee bit of red in this pic so come on over for Rednesday! ;) lol. Seriously! I hope you come and join us on my first week as new host. I'd love to see you.

    Oh btw, I thought of you yesterday. I was invited to someones home yesterday for a bbq and they had avocado green pyrex (or was it corning ware?) Anyhow it was the entire collection on the shelf on the wall and it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really scored on the price and the Pyrex! I have the golden hearts promotional piece too, just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that an average of $5 per piece is a pretty good price! Especially with the way that the thrifts seem to be jacking up their Pyrex prices lately.

    Have a lovely week,

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found the Golden Hearts one this weekend too! But I've never come across English Pyrex...or maybe I never recognized it. Thanks for posting a pic! Great finds!

    ReplyDelete