Sunday, June 23, 2013

My "Accidental" Pyrex Collection

Pyrex Pals..
I have a confession to make.
I think I'm a Pyrex collector.
See, I tried to deny the fact that I was actually collecting the stuff for a long time.
"Oh, this large shelf of Pyrex? That's just some stuff I pick up here and there, you know... at garage sales and stuff. I'm really don't collect it..."
But the other day, I decided to put all my Pyrex in a cabinet, just to see how it looked.

Well, it looked pretty darn good..
But it filled the cabinet all up!
EEK!
I've collected enough of the stuff to fill up a cabinet!

But it looks so pretty...


Here is the top part of the cabinet.... you can see my pretty fridgies, partial Early American set ($12 for 3 bowls... its kind of homely, but it was such a bargain!), a Wheat bowl, a stack of early solid color Pyrex, a set of Shenandoah casseroles (with a duplicate small one), and my beloved Snowflakes! There is a long lasagna/cake pan tucked in-between the top and bottom portions (I think that was $1.50 at the thrift, the price tags are still on it somewhere) with a Snowflake garland butter and a lil' pink fridgie sitting out with it.


Next we have the bottom.. sorry for the icky lighting! It was stormy out when I took the picture! You see an Early American casserole, a pinecone big fridgie, two little blue bowls from the primary set, a Town and Country baker topped by a Butterfly Gold Bowl ($1 at a a garage sale), and that's a Terra little covered casserole there on the far right. On the bottom we have a Verde divided casserole, a Spring Blossom casserole, a set of Old Orchard casseroles (the middle one doesn't have a lid!), and my Butterfly Gold casserole + partial set of Cinderella bowls!


Here's the top of the cabinet, topped with some of my best deals! The Pyrex Promo with holder and lid was $2 from a garage sale, so was the big tan casserole (I forgot the pattern name!), the divided dish underneath it was only a quarter. The blue dish with no lid, but holder, was nabbed for $1!


And there you see all the little Pyrex tucked away in its mod display cabinet.
Doesn't it look pretty?

Best of wishes in all your Pyrexing,

Sam in MN

3 comments:

  1. Great "accidental" collection.... I kinda found myself in the same position.. finding great pieces here and there and the next thing ya know, collection.
    I love the black snowflake....

    Marianne in Maine

    http://marianneinmaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Nothing wrong with having a little of this and a little of that... : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that is the kind of accident you want to have happen! Nice collection!

    Ranae - http://thevintageshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete