Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Spring Blossom in Summer

Moving to a new place is a little scary and exciting all at once. I have been looking forward to finding new places to thrift (while realizing that I've left behind a treasure trove of shops where I used to live!) 

I visited the first new-to-me thrift store near our home, and was sorely disappointed. Not a single piece of Pyrex. I almost wept. I used to find tons of Pyrex on nearly every outing. I often left pieces behind because they weren't the right price or the right pattern. 

The second store didn't look much better, and I started to fear that maybe there was no Pyrex in this town. But at the very back, perched high on a shelf, sat a Spring Blossom Cinderella 444 for a mere $3.


I actually heard myself breathe a sigh of relief. All hope isn't lost. There IS Pyrex in this place and I WILL find more of it. I actually left the store with a little spring in my step.

I've had a love / hate relationship with Spring Blossom. I almost started collecting all of it, because it matched my old kitchen, but I ended up with only a few mugs, and a 1.5 quart casserole (the latter of which made its way to a thrift store because I ended up not using it...) I started collecting Butterfly Gold instead, and then later Butterprint. (Find out how I've been using my Butterfly Gold Pyrex to cook up a German feast on my latest blog post.

But this bowl... this bowl is PERFECT for my knitting nook. I love it.

May your summer shopping sprees put a spring in your step, too!

Brenda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment