Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Turkey Pyrex Eve

Thanksgiving is here and officially begins the busy holiday season. We will gather around tables stuff our faces, nap to backgrounds of football and movies. It is one of the best times of year.

Those are not the only reasons. There is Pyrex of course and the opportunity to put to use on a larger scale my collection. The 404s are great for mixing up a big batch of my grandmas yeast rolls. The pie plates, the casseroles, the divided dishes, fridgies, the Pyrex possibilities are endless.

Recently I had a small resell score. I rewarded myself by purchasing the remaining dot bowls online to complete my set. I also, picked up this 1940s Pyrex Thanksgiving store advertising display. I think it might be one of my favorite pieces. I love old advertising and the way it lets you look through the window of time.
Have a wonderful Pyrex filled Thanksgiving everyone! Check out the rest of my vintage turkey day decorations at cherrypickedfinds.blogspot.com


5 comments:

  1. Such a neat vintage ad! And good for you on completing a set, especially the dot bowls! My Pyrex is also going to get a workout during the holidays, starting today! Let the baking begin. Best wishes to all for a Happy Thanksgiving, we have so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dot bowl looks great. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that advertising! Never seen that before. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a store display, it is made of cardboard and has a stand of the back to hold it up. When I saw it I knew I had to have it to display with my Fall Pyrex.

      Delete