Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Amazing Haul on Last Day of 2013

Husband and little miss went out with me late in the afternoon on December 31. We had to drop off some stuff at the thrift store so we decided to thrift, too.


I got so excited by some of these finds I sat down on the floor and just about hyperventilated.

Little miss, aka my thrifting buddy, found the opal 402 as I was filling out the charitable donation paperwork for the goods we were dropping off. At the next place we all found the Snowflake 045 (which was so filthy I couldn't believe it, my husband is a darling and cleaned it to look like new), the Federal Starburst, the Hazel Atlas Ivy, and be still my heart, the Unmarked Turquoise Diamonds. My husband plucked it off the shelf and he says my breathing just stopped. That was when I had to sit down. Further on he found the Terra mug and the three Hazel Atlas mugs, which are a match for some bowls I inherited from my grandmother.

At the next location I found the Horizon Blue 441 and 442. As I was inspecting them husband said, "Hey, I see an opal pan." I dismissed it but he pulled it off the bottom shelf and then got really excited as he loves Friendship. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would own a lasagna pan, much less a Friendship lasagna pan; in fact, this is the first piece of Friendship I have ever had the pleasure of seeing in person prior to buying. I was already sitting on the floor when he showed it to me so I was well prepared to take it all in. The Butterfly Gold dishes were a nice treat; I have been working on building a mixed collection of BG and Spring Blossom/Crazy Daisy to use as our everyday dishes. This find gets me started on the salad plates which I will add to my dinner plates and bowls.

It was a banner day, one I will not soon forget. Here's to even more fun finds in 2014!

Jacquelyn

12 comments:

  1. I would die to find the friendship lasagna! Way to go, what a haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Ann! I would love to find a friendship lasagna pan!

      Delete
    2. Thanks all! I did just about die when husband pulled out the Friendship, It's the first time I have ever seen it in person prior to buying---I own two pieces nought online, so it was nice to see the goods first!

      Delete
  2. That is plain amazing. I've never seen that much Pyrex in thrifts in my life! And the Hazel cups! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was an epic day. It will be a long while before I have another this great. It seems to happen quarterly, so I'm hoping for some good stuff in March!

      Delete
  3. Hot Dog!!!! What an absolutely exciting day! I'm excited for you! Definitely the Friendship is super awesome! I don't think that diamonds bowl comes up too often either--I felt lucky to find that one this year. I love Horizon Blue, I have the Cinderella bowls, they are gorgeous. You went from a drought a few months ago to a tidal wave! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your diamonds in your display picture…that's what I was remembering when little miss and husband found mine. I looked at it in the store for the longest time trying to figure out what it was and then it clicked! I remembered I had seen it on various Pyrex lovers' blogs.

      Delete
  4. You had a very successful outing that day. Those items are not easily found.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the saucers you need for those cups :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the saucers you need for those cups :).

    ReplyDelete