Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekly Thrift Store Finds and More!

Hit the thrifts after the snow/ice storm last week, not too much happening at all at the thrifts.  I had a pretty good week the week before so I can't complain.  Yesterday I did run into a nice 401-403 set of Colonial Mist, but I don't collect that.  I even broke my 'get a 401 in every pattern' rule and didn't pick up the 401, that's how much that pattern doesn't appeal to me.  I wished it was some other pattern.  Here's what I found at the thrifts...

I picked up the red 402 though it's not great, but it will work with my Friendship for now.  I was missing the 471 for Spring Blossom and got this minty promotional Trailing Flowers that I'll mix into my later SB and BG and Autumn Harvest patterns that I use in my "Autumn" display.  It's an excuse to pick up something when things are slow that I wouldn't otherwise buy.  I also got this minty Friendship lid that I can use on my minty 475 that I currently have a not so minty lid for.

As boring as lids can be to look for, I look all the time.  I need a 626 to complete my Golden Leaf that I have the cradle for.  No luck yet but I did get a couple 624s, a 623 and a 501.  I was having a heck of a time finding 624s for the longest time.  Prices were great.  A 623 and 624 for 50 cents each, the other 624 for 89 cents and the 501 for 40 cents.


Non-thrift store purchases were two minty promotionals (Orange Fiesta and Holiday 024) that were requested by hubby and a minty Friendship 501 from an estate sale.


I'm a happy girl.  I got my weekly fix!  It took some giving in--thrift stores have been dry not only for Pyrex but other vintagey stuff we hunt for, so a couple juicy pieces in the non-thrift fashion was in order!

(Hopelessly addicted),

Evie

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen Orange Fiesta before! Very cool. As usual, your haul is drool-inducing, even if things are dry where you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both the Orange Fiesta and the Holiday promotionals are a beautiful shade of bright orange red--we couldn't resist!
      Evie

      Delete
  2. Good luck to you and your endeavours.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete